Loyalty Program Facts
88% of business travellers surveyed belong to at least one hotel loyalty program, an increase of three percent earlier from one year.
FREQUENCY PROGRAM DRIVERS
Consumers prefer hotel frequency programs that feature:
- No black out dates for reward redemption
- Ability to earn and redeem points at multiple global locations
- Convenient, seamless redemption process
- Options (e.g. IHG’s ‘Anywhere any Time’ program)
- Free room nights are still the most popular redemption option (according to a 2005 Conde Nast Traveler survey)
- Room Upgrades rank second
- Control over their earned “currency”
- Recognition (upgrades, welcome gifts, access to amenities)
How do loyalty club members use their memberships*?
- Free upgrade: 52%
- Free stay: 51%
- Express check-in: 46%
- Late checkout: 45%
- Other awards, from free flights to merchandise: 16%
- Discounted room rates: 15%
* Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, October 2005
Loyalty Programs: Why They Are Here To Stay
Loyalty programs put “heads in beds” which is why they’ve been embraced by mega-brand hotels for years. Since members of loyalty Programs seek points and recognition benefits instead of merely the lowest rates, an effective guest loyalty program will:
- Increase average net rate
- Increase length-of-stay
- Lower operating costs
- Lower reservation costs by migrating members to the hotel’s own booking channels or the VOILÀ channel
- Lower dependency on third parties by decreasing the cost of reservations and yielding higher margins
- Create an affinity with the brand by capturing room nights within a group of hotels
- Collect member information automatically and provide on-demand, cost-free marketing opportunities
- Discover new revenue opportunities through extensive data-mining
- Provide members with tier-related recognition benefits
Most of all, an effective loyalty program will deliver bottom-line results!
Do you have a loyalty program that measures up?
VOILÀ Hotel Rewards is a revolutionary loyalty program that puts small hotel companies and independent hotels on the same level playing field with the mega brands.